Operating since 1905, Greenville Utilities Commission (GUC) is a not-for-profit, publicly owned Utility chartered by the State of North Carolina. Owned by the citizens of Greenville, GUC operates under a separate charter issued by the N.C. General Assembly. 31% of its 150,000 electric customers are located outside the City of Greenville limits.
- Natural Gas
GUC chose Utilitec as its better billing partner due to 6 key partner requirements:
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care & Billing (CC&B) Experience
- Established Track Record
- Foolproof Quality
- Price Competitiveness
- Project Methodology
In 2014, GUC decided to upgrade their CIS system to Oracle CC&B. GUC recognized the need to have an experienced partner to help them with their transition to CC&B.
Utilitec was up for the challenge.
Initially, GUC thought that printing with Utiliec would begin once CC&B went live. However, through the project planning phase, it was determined that starting with GUC’s legacy data was the way to go. This route would allow Utilitec to learn GUC’s total business earlier in the process and assist the go-live of CC&B. The plan was put into place, and the wheels started turning.
With the legacy system implemented and Utilitec’s knowledge of GUC’s business cemented, we were able to provide some additional and unexpected consultative services on their bill extract file and billing processes which brought major benefits to GUC:
- House holding: Implemented Exact Address Match and reduced envelope count by 450 envelopes per file.
- UReview: Implemented 12 rules, 361 bills caught and 14 bills rejected
- UMail: Identified 4,959 potentially bad addresses, provided daily reports on bad addresses, and implemented NCOA per file to reduce return mail.
- 27 CC&B Rules Implemented
- 32,885 bills were caught in a 7 month time frame
- 892 bills were rejected
- 270 due date more than 40 days after bill date
- 87 bill corrections
- 57 days of service > 60
- 52 electric usage less than ½ of lowest in 12 months
- 29 unbalanced bill detail
The go-live with CC&B went flawlessly, with a successful and on-time implementation for bill print. Needless to say, GUC was extremely satisfied with the outcome of the project saying, “We knew it would be important to leverage Utilitec’s Oracle CC&B knowledge when designing and working on our bills prior to conversion. However we underestimated how valuable this experience really is! Your team has done a fantastic job working with us before and post go live on our new system.”
UTILITEC TOOLS USED: